It’s an undeniable fact: the great majority of today’s older adults would rather age at home instead of making the move to a nursing home or assisted living facility. And for good reason: home care services for seniors allows older adults to experience safety and security, while retaining the comfort and familiarity of home and their hometown community. When the challenges of aging or chronic conditions cause concerns to arise about a senior’s capability to remain safely at home, professional home care agencies, like Lend a Hand Home Care, provide a viable solution.
Consider these leading ways that in-home care services often enhance life for seniors:
- Overall, home care leads to an improved satisfaction with life.
- Professional home care provides dignity, independence and comfort for aging adults.
- In-home care stimulates healing. Research has disclosed that patients heal more rapidly in the home instead of in a hospital or nursing home; and utilizing home care services produces a dramatically lower possibility of re-hospitalization during the recovery process.
- Home care supports and helps families stay together, empowering them to be more engaged in the senior’s care.
- Home care includes individualized care customized to the needs of the family and the older person.
- Services are provided one-on-one, offering more exclusive attention and care than a nursing home or assisted living facility. With home care, there never is a requirement for a senior to wait for his or her turn when care is necessary.
- A professional caregiver can plan and prepare wholesome and nutritious meals that are appetizing to the senior and also monitor the total amount of food consumed.
- A tailored daily workout program endorsed by a medical professional can be put in place, with the extra security of a professional caregiver being with the senior.
- The comfort of home is priceless, whether that consists of simply relaxing in a favorite chair or enjoying a daily cup of cocoa in a familiar breakfast nook.
- Home care provides accompaniment and transportation to and from medical appointments, social events or errands, allowing families more quality time together in addition to more peace of mind.
Lend a Hand Home Care’s professional caregivers provide customized home care services, including help with hospice care in Reno and nearby areas, to meet each person’s distinct needs, making it possible for improved safety and wellbeing, right in the comfort of home. Contact us online or at 775-322-8414 for more information and to request a no-cost in-home evaluation.